City Council approved six priority themes including:
- Iconic Las Vegas?—?Creating iconic spaces for residents, visitors and businesses;
- Workforce Development?—?Preparing our workforce for the future;
- Smart Vegas?—?Become the city of choice for developing smart city applications;
- At-Risk Populations?—?Developing strategic partnerships to address critical issues among at-risk populations;
- Neighborhood Preservation and Quality of Life
- Public Safety?—?Becoming the safest, high-profile city in America.
From these priorities, several actions will be undertaken by city staff:
• Accelerating construction of downtown, the Las Vegas Medical District and citywide infrastructure and streetscape amenities to attract development;
• Supporting efforts to increase technical and vocational training;
• Increasing public-private partnerships to develop a smart city of Las Vegas;
• Addressing the issue of homelessness;
• Providing a level of constituent-responsive services in neighborhoods to maintain the highest quality of life; and
• Providing for safe neighborhoods, businesses and tourist destinations.